About Taking RN Courses Online at South University
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Nursing Courses and other Nursing Degree topics.
What should you consider when taking RN courses online?
If you decide to pursue your BSN through the RN to BSN completion program at South University Online, you will be taking classes via the web and other technology. Consider the pros and cons of taking online courses:
- You will usually receive written copies of the professor's lecture notes
- You can work at your own pace and on your own schedule
- Most assessment in online courses is nontraditional, meaning there will be no “traditional” timed examinations
- You cannot usually talk to the professor face-to-face
- You may lack personal support from other nursing students
Also, make sure you consider the technology requirements for online courses. The technology requirements for the South University Online program are as follows:
- Internet connectivity – usually a 56K modem or higher
- Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator
- Pentium III PC or G3 Mac with 256k memory
- Adobe Reader
- MS Office – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint