If you have decided to earn your MSN degree through south University Online, you may be interested in the kinds of courses you will be taking. Here are some examples:
If you are going to earn your MSN degree, you may be interested in the kinds of RN courses you will be taking. Here are some example courses from a typical MSN program:
• Advanced/Graduate Nursing Research. Most schools require nursing research courses to further your research skills.
• Professional Nursing Development. Since many nurses getting their MSN are interested in moving into management or other professional roles, professional development RN courses are usually offered.
• Community Nursing. Community nursing courses help nurses identify and respond to health issues in diverse communities.
• Nursing Informatics. Various courses will usually be offered in nursing informatics, such as Informatics and the Health Care Delivery System and Issues in Health Care Informatics.
• Clinical Courses. MSN degrees have a clinical component, helping nurses put into practice what they have been learning in the classroom.
• Thesis or Capstone Courses. Many programs will require their students to take a capstone course or a thesis course, to synthesize all the information they have gained during their course of study.